Apple today announced some new products. The Mac Intel versions were announced, as expected, with particular attention paid to the new laptop offered. It's called the //MacBook Pro
The quick answer is no.
The MacBook Pro has a lot going for it:
- It's stated to be four times faster than the current PowerBook.
- It has a built-in iSight camera.
- It includes Front Row with Remote.
- And it's thinner than current PowerBooks.
I'm sure there are a lot more positives about it. The way I see it, I am still happy with my current purchase because:
- It's a 12" laptop whereas 15" seems to be the smallest MacBook Pro offered. You can't believe how much 3" makes a difference.
- It's a first generation MacIntel collaboration. There might be some kinks to still workout.
- I got my PowerBook on a slight discount. With it, my PowerBook was considerably less in price than the least expensive MacBook Pro.
I'm sure I'll upgrade some time in the future, depending on reviews. (You know how much I like reviews). But for now, I'm still a very happy Mac user.
PS: Want to see //photos of the MacBook Pro?