I’m fairly pleased with the iPhone 4S announcement the other day. It hit all the points I was looking for in a new iPhone. Granted, my points weren’t really that lofty. I hoped for, at the least:
- A screen as good as the iPhone 4 (e.g. retina display).
- The same or better camera.
- More powerful, processor-wise.
- More memory for less.
What was shown was:
- Yup, retina display. No change in screen size or resolution
- A better 8MP camera with an aperture of 2.4 (good for low light).
- Dual-core A5 chip = faster!
- Now offering it in 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB. It meets my more memory for less criteria.
I wasn’t expecting or waiting for an iPhone 5. It seems to fit with the pattern or releases (e.g. iPhone 3 to iPhone 3GS). And since I’m on a broken down iPhone 3GS anything would be much better. Now, what size and color should I get?